Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Allie's Bird Quilt

My granddaughter, Alexandria, has come for a visit and we decided she needed another quilt. She has had pets in the past, rats, snakes and now birds, 2 parakeets in fact, so the theme of birds was the answer. 

We started digging through my stash and low and behold, this huge piece of bird fabric appeared! I had forgotten all about it! It came from IKEA and it was just perfect for what she wanted! And no piecing!!


I used variegated blues for the thread choice.

Bird Pano 001 was the quilting pattern with all kinds of birds and bird cages in the pattern.

Even an upside down bird!

I better check my stash more often and find things like this!

She loves it!

It's done and she's going to sleep under it tonight to try it out!

The orange print backing.

And the binding a bright orange batik to add a pop to it!

No comments: