Friday, February 28, 2014

Vintage Quilt

I found this small old quilt in a antique shop the other day and brought it home, tossed it in our claw foot tub to soak away the grim, and these old tops do have grim in them, and gently squeezed out the water and rinsed it, air dried it a bit and pressed it and the quilt really brightened up! Most of the stains of oldness came out and then I bought some pink Kona for the backing, added a strip of feed sack green down the center of the back to make it large enough and there you have it!

I used a variety of feather designs to cover the quilt.

I used Light Hot Pink thread.

Some of the fabrics are 30's, but there are certainly 40's and a bit of 50's thrown in there, but they all seem to live well together so it is ok with me!










The backing. Now I just need to bind it!

No comments: