Friday, September 17, 2010

Halloween Swap!

Well, it all started when I saw the results of an Easter ornament swap that my daughter participated in and she announced one day that a Halloween swap was next on the agenda. She asked me if I wanted to participate and I readily said yes! Fourteen people from all over the country signed up to do this one and the idea was to make 14 Halloween items that could be hung on a Halloween tree. Ok, so I started thinking of an idea and then I thought why not make everybody a tree skirt? So I found the pattern that I wanted and then realized that I had no idea of the kind of tree that these folks had, so I made a quilt table topper instead to set their tree on. Well, the deadline was the 20th of September and I mailed them today but the last week got me thinking "What was I thinking???" Fingers sore with 14 bindings in 2 short days, all quilting done in a day and a half but they were mailed today and I can't wait to see what comes back! They should be mailed back to us around the 1st of October! Can't wait! I need to get a tree now!

The pile of finished toppers.

A jack-o-lantern shows up here. There are spiders also.

The back of the table topper. I used Red Orange thread.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! The girls are going to be so surprised and excited to get those. Wish I was a participant in that swap,

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful tree skirt. It is just a treasure. I just spray painted my branches tonight and am going to hang up all my ornaments tomorrow. It was a fun swap, wasn't it?