Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kim's Vintage Bow Tie Quilt

Kim brought this WONDERFUL bow tie quilt to me to repair a bit and quilt. It's loaded with vintage prints with cowboys and Indians and farm scenes and all kinds of things in feedsack fabrics. Most look like fabric from the 30's through the 50's, I think. The solid color fabrics add a real charm to it and the soft blue centers stand out. She is going to bind it in the blue fabric and I have rounded the corners to make a really nice quilt. (Wish it was mine!)

The Elsie quilting pattern was used with Dyed natural thread.








Cute fabrics in these little bow ties!


The muslin backing.













1 comment:

Kim said...

I am THRILLED with the work Sara did on my bow tie quilt! There was quite a lot of repair work to the piecework that needed done before quilting. I can't wait to get the binding on and see it completely finished. The quilt top was pieced by my Grandfather's stepmother and his sister about 80 years ago. I like to imagine that they are pleased to know it is finally getting finished. :)