Friday, January 23, 2015

The Wedding Quilt

I finally finished my daughter's wedding quilt, only 3 years after the fact! I will say I doubt I will ever make another DWR at least not like this one! So much time and so many pieces and of course all curved edges that needed pinning in order to make things work. But it's DONE!!!!


This shows the backing folded over the top. 

The label on the quilt.

It all started with pieces and stacks of pieces.

A few rings.

It was 9 rings by 9 rings so this was the beginning and I had to get another work wall to continue the pattern.

First you sew the arcs and then add the melons to one side, pin again and add  to the other side of the melon and hope it works!

Cut with an Accuquilt cutter and gently used dies which were so gently used that they wouldn't cut most of the time and had to be re-cut! Never again!

Then I had help as usual , Haze sits and keeps track of the progress.

I custom quilted it with a couple of double wedding ring patterns.

I used white thread, I thought about red, but that would be too much red for the top.




Now on to quilts for me! :)

The backing which looks like you could use for a Christmas Quilt!

No comments: