Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lu Ann's Christmas Quilt

Lu Ann bought this quilt top and sent it over to me to quilt. I was left with the decision on what quilting pattern to use on it and after loading the quilt and getting ready to quilt it, I decided to have a new quilting pattern made just for this quilt. I loved the deer and the doves and there are ribbons in the fabric so I had a designer make a new pattern just for this quilt and I think it turned out great!

The quilting pattern is called, and rightly so, Reindeer Dove Pattern!

I used Fox thread on it.

This is a very interesting log cabin pattern that has the repeating green squares at the end of some of the logs to create another pattern going across the quilt. I need to add this pattern to my overflowing bucket list!

Doves and reindeer can be seen in the quilting pattern and the fabrics!


The borders.



Click on the pictures to get a closer look!

The backing fabric.


No comments: