Saturday, October 15, 2011

James Patrick's Quilt

A neighbor informed us that he was about to become a grandfather for the very first time! His daughter was to have a baby boy this fall. However, we forgot the detail as to when the baby was to be coming into this world, so I put off making a quilt for him. Well, Friday I decided I better get going so I cut the quilt out and pieced it and got it set up to quilt and in the middle of the morning I was informed by my husband that he just found out that James Patrick had been born about 6 weeks ago! So I quilted it and got the binding on it yesterday and then we went searching for the grandpa,but he was out combining into the night. This morning we found him and presented the quilt to him to give to his little grandson! Good thing I started it yesterday!

The story of the airplane is, the grandpa is a crop duster and flys a plane that was manufactured for a veteran in 1976 and it is red white and blue with strips and stars all over it, so I chose fabric with the red white and blue theme to match his plane and of course had a plane pattern digitized. His grandson will always know who that quilt was from.

The planes flying all over the quilt.


The quilting pattern was plane pano 003, quilted with Mother Goose thread.


The tan and red borders.


You can see the plane flying through the clouds here.


Flannel backing on the quilt.











No comments: