Sunday, September 18, 2011

Handmade U 2011 is in the books!

Rachel setting up for the first Homemade U event. She taught classes on Saturday and Michelle Geller taught the journal construction class on Friday. Everyone had fun and Minglewood was a great place to relax and have a good few days of crafting!

The long dining table which was a great place to sit back, eat and converse after crafting each day.



Tables are set for the projects!


Getting ready for the students!


The first semester class of Handmade U 2011. One person not pictured.


Hope, Lisa, Stephanie and Pam.
The class came to our house on Saturday night for a cream can dinner!

Nora, Lindy, Hope and Lisa relaxing after dinner.


The cover of my journal(?). I just needed to throw in a quilting theme to keep me calm, so I used the Inklingo star pieces that I had failed to sew together and just varnished them right on that book cover.

This is the inside covers of my journal. Notice the binding ribbons are there and no pages. I was not there long enough to work on the pages and since I am a quilter, I think I will turn this little book into a sewing book and have pages of quilted fabric for pages and perhaps pockets for threads and needles and scissors, etc. It was a little out of my comfort zone to work with paper, but I did survive!

This is the back of the journal cover that I made in the class.




Below is the entire journal put together by Lindy who obviously knows a thing or two about embellishments and how to make your journal really spectacular! There are little pull-outs and pockets and surprises dangling out of the binding ribbons. She is from Camden. MO and really did a nice job on her class project!


































































No comments: